Starting a new year tends to inspire people to seek personal improvement and make significant changes that can lead to greater fulfillment.
These improvements/changes are usually committed to in the form of New Year resolutions. Resolutions often aim to help others, make a difference, and become involved in the community.
If you’ve made New Year’s resolutions this year, we know it might be difficult to keep them.
- The motivation that comes with a new year usually only lasts for a few days or weeks. Too often, many resolutions are set-up to fail from the get-go as people set overly ambitious goals or lack the support they need to stick with them.
- Without support or encouragement, people tend to abandon their resolutions – many by mid-to-late January. The inevitable process of setting resolutions and giving up on them a few weeks later leaves most people feeling frustrated.
- An unmet resolution affects the person who makes it, and the people that stood to benefit from it. When you let go of a resolution meant to help others, those people may not see their situation change.
How We Can Help YOU Keep Your Resolution This Year
If your New Year’s resolution was to help others and make a difference, we can help. Kane Senior Council relies on volunteers and donors to provide the services and programs to help older adults live safely and independently. We have many rewarding and meaningful ways for people to get involved. And beyond providing opportunities, we also give you the support and encouragement to help you stick to your resolution.
- We offer many different volunteering opportunities to fit your schedule and desire. We’ll help you keep your commitment to yourself while positively affecting the lives of others.
- Donating to causes and organizations is a great way to help others – especially for those with busy schedules. When you donate, your donation funds the services and programs which directly help seniors the most.
- When you receive our monthly emails and follow our social media communities, you can stay informed of the issues and struggles currently affecting older adults. We’ll also let you know of opportunities to help and keep you motivated.
New Year’s Resolutions are tough to keep, especially when you are doing it alone. Let us help you achieve your resolutions and experience the joy that comes with helping others.
When you team up with KSC, we can encourage you, help you keep your commitment, and make a positive change in this world.
Together, we can improve the lives of older people in our community.